Pages

Monday, October 13, 2014

Packed Full of Walmart Bags

Towards the end of the summer, I asked Maggie and Gracie to clean their room.

When Aaron does this, they're all like, "Yeah!  Dad!  I love to clean my room!  WHOOP! there it is!"  And things like that.

When I ask them to clean their room, they're all like, "Mom.  I don't know hoooooooow to clean my room.  Can you tell me what to do?  It's sooooooo much.  I caaaaaaaan't do it."

Yeah, I don't know why that is, but it's just one of those weird, oddly frustrating things.

Anyway, so when I asked them to clean their room, they got right to it.

This was a pleasant surprise, until I realized just what they were doing.

They filled Walmart bags with their stuff, and packed the Walmart bags into their closet. 

Maggie and Gracie were so proud of themselves (and the stuff was off the floor) that I didn't have the heart to tell them that wasn't really what I had in mind.

I finally decided to have the girls buckle down and clean out their closet.

I mean, look at it!


And, then the bags...


I am by no means a neat-nik or clean freak or whatever, but that seriously made me want to hyperventilate.  To be fair, those bags were stashed in the closet until we started cleaning.

We found some fun things, like Swiper.


He looks creepy and guilty all at the same time.

I also found a stack of cash.


And, like all cleaning things, it got worse before it got better.


Maggie was a happy, little cleaning machine!


It looks so awesome!


Then, after they cleaned and organized, Maggie sorted her dresses according to color :)


She is her father's daughter :)


Oh, do you see how freaking yellow their closet is?  That's what color their room was.  Yikes!

I'm glad to say, that while all this cleaning occurred about 10 days ago, and it's still looking pretty good!

It's probably some sort of miracle :)

Have a happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment