Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I Believe in Feeding Ducks

I love to feed ducks!

I think feeding ducks is such a fun little thing for kids to experience, so I do my best to make sure we have a chance to do it when we are visiting Aaron's parents.


There's just something about throwing that is fun for kids, especially because you aren't allowed to throw so many things (especially food).  When you feed ducks, your mom gives you food for the sole purpose of throwing.  How cool is that?!


There were only a few ducks in the lake river body of water...there were mostly geese.  I like to wad up the bread and see if I can land it on the back of the geese.  

That really ups the level of excitement, apparently.


Not long ago, a friend was watching Maggie and Gracie play and she said to me, "Your girls are so care-free.  I love it!"

It took me a second to realize that "care-free" isn't code for "crazy."  Especially considering they were pretending that Gracie was a cat and Maggie was a pet owner in a non-annoying way.

That's how little kids should be.


They shouldn't be burdened by the cares of the world.

They shouldn't be worried

or hardened

or broken

or overwhelmed.


I guess I think there's something care-free and happy and cheerful about feeding ducks.

And that's why I love it so much!

Here's my favorite picture from the outing, framed up nice and pretty!


Be care-free today!  I'm thankful that the only way we can be unburdened and at peace is by finding our rest in Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment