Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2015

BLT with a Twist

Oh, the mighty yet humble BLT!
BLT with a Twist // Becky's Happy Table
 I am transferring all of the recipes from my soon to be defunct food blog to this blog!  Here's a good one!
When I make a BLT, it’s usually for Sunday lunch.  I make the bacon ahead of time or just use the microwaveable stuff.
I like to bake my bacon.  I put the slices next to each other on a foil lined baking sheet.  I place it in a cold oven and turn it on to 375 degrees.  Once I can smell the bacon, I check on it and let it cook until it’s done to my liking.  20 minutes or so.
The BLT is nice, because it is very easily customizeable for my people with their different food preferences.
Gracie and I like the full BLT.
Aaron and Leah like a BL.
And Maggie?  Well, Maggie just likes a B.
This BLT with a Twist is a winner, though!  Also a winner?  Aldi’s sweet potato chips!
BLT with a Twist // Becky's Happy Table
You may be curious about the twist :)
I used smashed avocado in place of the mayo.
I used Spring Mix instead of regular lettuce.
I added an egg over easy.
Oh, the bread I used was the square sourdough.  Yummmmmmm!
The bacon and tomato are regular, though :)
What’s your favorite way to make a BLT special?

No comments:

Post a Comment