Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Chicken, Pecan, Apple Chip Salad

I am transferring all of the recipes from my soon to be defunct food blog to this blog!  Here's a good one!
Let’s talk about Mommy Lunch, because that’s a thing.
And, I’m not talking about the whole eat-what-your-kids-leave-on-their-plates kind of lunch.
I’m talking about a lunch that you will enjoy and will leave you satisfied and maybe even make you feel you ate at a restaurant.
Bonus points if it’s fun, like this Chicken, Pecan, and Apple Chip Salad!
Chicken, Pecan, Apple Chip Salad // Becky's Happy Table
I love having a fun salad for lunch!  I like that I can prep all of the ingredients in the beginning of the week and then quickly assemble the salad for lunch each day.
I used the same dressing that I used on the Apple Pomegranate Salad.  I feel like I could drink that stuff :)
Chicken, Pecan, Apple Chip Salad // Becky's Happy Table
Chicken, Pecan, Apple Chip Salad (31 Days of Recipes from Aldi)
Author: 
Recipe type: Salad
Prep time:  
Total time:  
 
Full of beautiful colors and a variety of delightful textures, this salad will get you through until supper time! Add the salad ingredients in accordance to your preference!
Ingredients
  • Salad greens (I used spring mix and spinach)
  • Cooked chicken (great use for leftovers or a rotisserie chicken)
  • Apple Chips (Aldi carries some yummy ones in fall)
  • Thinly sliced red onion
  • Feta Cheese
  • Pecan Halves (you can toast them, but I didn't
  • Apple Balsamic Dressing:
  • ¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
  • 2 tablespoons apple butter
  • 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions
  1. Top a bed of salad greens with chicken, apple chips, red onion, feta, and pecan halves. You are the boss of the toppings, so add the toppings to your preference.
  2. In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinaigrette, apple butter, and pure maple syrup. Add salt and pepper to taste.
  3. Drizzle the dressing on the salad and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment