Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

Things I Like

Here's a happy little list of things I've been liking these days!

I like it when Maggie and Gracie decide to deep clean their room!  I literally can't tell you the last time we could see the top of that dresser!



I'm not going to lie, sometimes I enjoy a trip down the rabbit hole on wikipedia.  I stumbled up on this List of People Who Disappeared Mysteriously.  I happened upon it while looking up information on Virginia Dare who was mentioned in a book that Leah read.  I could waste A.LOT. of time on those mysterious disappear-ers!


I got the girls a new brush called The Wet Brush.  It has literally cut combing/brushing hair time by 75%...and it's cut the drama even more!  You can imagine just how much I like that!



I've often said that our fear of the awkward keeps us from doing or being a part of some really worthwhile things, so I really liked this awesome blog post about the importance of pushing through the awkward in relationships.  


I liked this short video of Sir Nicholas Winton, a man who saved the lives of 669 Jewish Czechoslovakian children from nazi death camps.  Warning:  you might need a tissue, because he meets many of the children he saved.  Gulp! 


I liked these helpful reminders when it comes to parenting little ones.  Very timely and encouraging for me.  



While the girls were riding the horses at Piggly Wiggly, I liked paging through the current issue of Cooking Light.  There was a really fun feature called 1 Cooler, 1 Weekend Trip.  Even though I don't intend to go camping for a weekend, I liked the cooking plan and intend to use some of their recipes/tips/ideas.  I already made the Multipurpose Vinaigrette (I added more honey than it called for), and I liked it!  It is SO delicious!


You know how sometimes when you go to a Mexican restaurant, they have delicious chips with just a hint of lime flavor?  I LIKE that a whole lot!  I read about this really fun product called True Lime.  I ordered some and sprinkle it on "the good tortilla chips" that they make in the deli at the grocery store.  I've sprinkled it in water for a little hint of lime and I've put it in homemade salsa when I wanted more lime flavor without making it more watery.  



I also like that Leah is starting her week with the Missoula Children's Theater today!  I'm so excited for her and just know that she's going to have a great time!


So, what have you been liking these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment