Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

First Day of School

The girls had "awesome" and "amazing" first days of school!



It was raining, so we couldn't take pictures outside.  I feel like if rain is "lucky" for a wedding, it can be "lucky" for the first day of school, too :)  

Leah loves everything about 3rd grade!



Her wonderful teacher gave all of the kids a planner.  As the firstborn daughter of a firstborn daughter of a firstborn daughter, she was in all. her. glory.  



And little Mags <3



She love love double loves Kindergarten!  My good friend, Karina, is her teacher, so we had no worries in that department.  Maggie thinks everything in her class is awesome and SO fun!  



Gracie and I get to have our share of fun, too!



We run errands, do food prep, play at parks, go on picnics, paint bikes with water...



You know, the usual :)

Every year for the first day of school, I pull out my inner June Cleaver and have freshly baked chocolate cookies for the girls' after school snack. 

This year, though, we had tea with them!



I made huge chocolate chip cookies!  

I even bought sugar cubes for the tea, because I feel like it makes tea time that much more authentic :)



I had this great idea to have tea for an after school snack every day.  Because, sometimes after school snacks make me crazy.  I thought if I planned something fun that was more intentional, I wouldn't mind it as much.  

I realized there was no way in heck that I was going to be able to pull that off every single day.  Then, my friend, Jenny, mentioned that I wouldn't have to do it every day.

So, I decided that we'd have Tea on Tuesdays!

The girls jumped right on to the alliteration bandwagon and have been brainstorming other alliterated snacks.  We haven't landed on any yet, but have tossed around Fruit on Friday and possibly Wheat Thin Wednesdays. 

Any thoughts or suggestions for alliterated snacks?  I need all the help I can get!

I hope your school year is off to a great start!


Previous Posts:
September Menu
Thoughts on Summer
Frog Repellent
For Gracie on Her Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment