Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Unsolicited Parenting Advice

Friends.

I don't like to give unsolicited parenting advice, because, really, nobody likes that.

But, this. 

This can probably be categorized under Parenting Tip, more than anything else.

Meet my buddy, the paper lunch bag.



We all have times where we need to throw away something that belongs to our child.  Very often, they don't even remember that they have these items/treasures, but if they see them, all of a sudden, the thing you just threw away becomes their favoritetoyeverrrrrrr!

And that's just drama.

I don't think I'm alone when I say, the less drama the better!

Take this skirt, for example.



It has a hole/ruffle that I don't know how to fix.  Leah has had this skirt since she was probably 5, so she's literally worn it to pieces.

Even though, seemingly over night she's gone to wanting to wear jeans all the time (they're warmer than a skirt with leggings), I know she would have feelings about seeing the skirt in the garbage.

So, I put it in a paper bag, toss it out, and she is none the wiser.

I went for the big ones tonight, though.

Toothbrushes.





The ladies like to hoard toothbrushes.



I'm okay with them having a primary toothbrush and a backup...which is probably a little weird.

But, I draw the line at FOUR (or 3, in Leah's case) toothbrushes per person.

After the girls went to bed tonight, I grabbed the 5 doomed toothbrushes.



The bristles have certainly seen better days.

Plus...



The toothbrushes go into their new home...



and then to their final home.



See!  The skirt AND toothbrushes are in there, but the girls have no idea!

I feel like I've won.

Maybe.

They're still sleeping and haven't brushed their teeth since I tossed the toothbrushes a couple of hours ago, so we'll see.

Oh, and 2 more things!

You should read this great blog post (from a couple of years ago) called Parenting 001.  It's one of Aaron's and my favorites!

Last but certainly not least, be sure to check back tomorrow to see some of the awesome family pictures that our friend, Brandon, took.

Here's a sneak peek!



Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!  I'm so excited!  They turned out awesome!

Have a great day...and throw something away :)

No comments:

Post a Comment