Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Orange You Glad You're Reading This...

Let's talk about oranges, friends.  Let's talk about oranges.  

I like oranges.  I really do.




But, I loathe peeling them.  Peeling them is a big ol' pain, and I'm psychotic about getting off all of the white nastiness (ok, it's called pith or whatever).  

Sometimes, I cut them in wedges.



And that's fine.  It goes without saying that it's much better than peeling.  

But, I feel like a lot of white nastiness pith stays on if you try to peel the wedges of orange off of the peel.

My friend, Beth, offhandedly mentioned once that she cuts oranges into wheels.

I was like, "Whoa, whoa, whoa!  Hold the phone!  Wheels?!?!"


I had only ever seen an orange wheel on a plate as a garnish.

And it was hot.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like, as a general rule, oranges should NOT be hot.

Call me crazy, but that's just.how.I.feel.

Anyway, hot orange memories aside, I tried it.

Holy Smokes, friends, it was amazing!  Amazing, I tell you!

The orange peels right off of the skin with minimal pith all easy peasy lemon squeezy.

There is one drawback, though.

You can't do this...



...with wheels of oranges.  And putting an orange wedge in your mouth as an orange toothed smile can't be beat!



Seriously, give it a shot.  

Your life will change ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment