Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Jesus in Me

We've had some busy evenings lately, so I haven't had much time to blog.

But, I wanted to pop in quickly and share some Scripture that's been super encouraging and a good reminder!


Several weeks ago, Aaron was asking me what was one of the most influential things I'd learned in college.

For me, it was the beginning of understanding that I need Jesus.  For all the things.

I mean, obviously I knew that I needed Jesus to save me, but I felt like living the Christian life was done in my own strength.  

The reality is that I need Him in all areas and every aspect of my life.

I was reminded of this recently while reading some devotions on She Reads Truth.

I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me.  And the life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

It's such a good reminder that this life I live, I live and walk and move and breathe because of and in Jesus.

I need to consistently be reminded of that, because my go-to is to "just try harder."

I read something on facebook a while ago that suggested praying a Bible verse every hour to really impress it on your heart.  Plus, we know we're in God's will when we are praying Scripture, right :)

This is my verse!  So, I'm setting the dorky timer on my dorky digital watch to keep Galatians 2:20 at the forefront of my mind.

Will you join me with your own verse?

No comments:

Post a Comment