Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

View from the Floor

I wish I remembered to lay on the floor more often.

I know that sounds silly, but when Gracie was about a year old, I would lay on my back on the floor after dinner.  She'd crawl over me and press her face against mine.  We would talk, and she'd bring me toys.  It was a natural, relaxing sort of fun.

I think the beauty of laying on the floor is that I'm not multitasking.  So often I'm involving the girls in what I'm doing around the house instead of involving myself only with them.

Maggie pulled out the tea set today and set up a royal tea.


I was "royal" mommy, and we used "royal" spoons and "royal" cups.

She knew just how she wanted everything set up.


Gracie had some different ideas, but, alas, she was not the hostess of the "royal" tea party.


I did finally manage to get them to both be happy with the tea cup and saucer arrangements.  

There's lot of opinions and feeling to manage...even when I'm laying on the floor :)

While Maggie concentrated on getting the tea party just the way she wanted to,


Gracie danced around and made her own fun!


One of the best gifts we can give our children is to simply be present...

...and that's why I need to lay on the floor more often.

Because, as you can see, the view from the floor is pretty darn sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment