Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sometimes I Can Be a Little Psychotic

Let's be honest, even though I am a perfectionist, I'm certainly not the tidiest girl in the world.  

Far from it, actually.  

Aaron does A LOT of picking up, and we get the girls to help.  

The reason I have a hard time is because I have this image of "perfectly picked up" that is never achievable.  I want all pieces together all the time.  

And in real life, ain't nobody got time for that :)

So, things get picked up, but pieces to toys don't stay together and then, after a while, I go cray-cray-crazy!!!

I say very reasonable things to Aaron like, "I'm going to shovel the girls' rooms out and go through everything and throw so much stuff away."

He says moderate things like, "Do you think you're being a little extreme?"

Yes I am.  He does have a point.  I didn't need a shovel.

Anyway, I had finally had enough and the toys needed to be organized.

Which I did, primarily, when Maggie and Gracie were sleeping.  There's nothing worse that going through toys with your children, and then every toy you unearth is suddenly their "favorite."

It always gets worse before it gets better.


I even wrangled Leah in to helping me sort things.  Hopefully I don't make her into a crazy perfectionist.


Here was a huge problem.


I'm sorry, but a piggy bank with the money nowhere in sight is simply not.fun.  

I had to wait until Maggie woke up to ask her if she knew where the money was.

She said, "In my purse."  That actually makes sense!


It's always a good idea to have a french fry in there, too.

This was the other major, MAJOR problem.  These pieces were scattered all.over.the.house.  I just couldn't take it any more!


Once again, you can't "cut" vegetables when you don't have the pieces that go together.  Leah and I found all of them, except for the other half of the avocado.

I pulled myself together, and put it away without the other half of the avocado.  

It did hurt a little on the inside...

...until the other night when I found it!!!!!  (or Aaron found it and put it with the little kitchen stuff, because he didn't know I was looking for it.)


Ahhhhh, all is right in the world, and now I can sleep better at night.

2 comments:

  1. You make me smile Becky Morrow. I can sympathize with SO many of the things you wrote here. Pieces pieces pieces! The missing pieces sometimes make ME fall to pieces. I have bins, and labels, and children who can read. And yet... ; )
    I enjoy reading your blog. Funny and encouraging. :D
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it...I like writing it! Every now and then I put a moratorium on pieces and don't let any new toys into the house that have pieces, which lasts until the next holiday or birthday ;)

      Delete