Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

Getting Our Shop On

One of these days, we are going to do a big ol' room switch.

Gracie will move to the bottom bunk, Maggie will move to the top bunk, and Leah will go into what is currently Gracie's room.  

We need to get a twin mattress for that to happen, hence our shopping trip.

Aaron preached at our friend's church on Sunday, so he was doing some sermon prep on Saturday.  It seemed like a good time to do some price and comfort comparison.

I made Leah a little chart.


Now, Leah is an incredibly bright child, but she had no.clue. what to do with this, even after I showed it to her and explained it several times.  

I'm not going to lie, I got a bit frustrated and finally told her that we were done talking about it that I was sure she would understand once we were at the store using the chart.

Thankfully that was the case.  She picked right up on it when we visited our first store.

You may be wondering what some of the abbreviations are.  The only store worth explaining is CMS.

CMS=Creepy Mattress Store.

I mean no offense to stand alone mattress stores, but they just kind of creep me out a bit.

I'm not the only one...


Anyway, Leah sampled all of the beds like a bed-trying-out-pro!


As you can see from the top picture, Menards didn't have twin mattresses.

But, what Menards lacks in twin mattresses, they make up for in gigantic stuffed dogs.


That is a lot of stuffed dog to love!

I have a friend whose mother-in-law buys gigantic stuffed animals for her the grandchildren all.the.time.

I am almost hyperventilating thinking about linebacker sized stuffed animals populating our house.

I can't even...

Once we buy a mattress, it will get the Great Room Switch ball rolling!

Stay tuned...but don't hold your breath :)  These kind of changes can take me a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment