Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Whole 30 Menu and Update: Week 4!!!

I'M ON THE HOME STRETCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I might be a little excited.

I don't ever want my little blog to present my life as anything that it's not, so in the interest of full disclosure, I have to tell you that making this menu was really hard.  I was almost crying trying to figure out food I could make that everyone in my family wouldn't hate.

Notice that I'm not even shooting for food that everyone would like.  I'm just shooting for not hating at this point.  

I feel good about this menu, though.

In more full disclosure, I was almost pushed over the edge when I made a salad for lunch yesterday and the lettuce was bitter.

In the last bit of full disclosure, I might go off plan on the Superbowl.  

And, you know what?

That's OK!

I'm the mom and I make the rules and I've eaten freaking paleo for 21 stinking days and that's good.  

So, IF I decide to add a little honey to the salad dressing I make, the world won't end.

Whole 30 Paleo Menu with Links


Wednesday, January 29  Balsamic Garlic Pork Tenderloin potatoes or rice for my family, sweet potatoes for me with salad and veggies (we didn't end up having it on Monday)

Thursday, January 30  Chicken in Crockpot (ghee instead of butter, no sugar)

Friday, January 31  Pizza for my people Soup for me

Saturday, February 1  Chicken Soup (I'm making it up)  Crockpot Mocha Rubbed Pot Roast

Sunday, February 2  leftovers and A Very Paleo Superbowl (not sure what that'll involve yet, but there may be some of these)

Monday, February 3  Chicken Salad (using homemade mayo and chicken from Thursday)

Tuesday, February 4  Lasagna Soup (I won't add cheese or noodles to mine) 

Wednesday, February 5  Crockpot Thai Chicken (use this recipe for peanut vinaigrette, subbing unsweetened applesauce for sugar, light olive oil for canola oil, and sun butter for peanut butter, and coconut aminos for soy sauce)

Thursday, February 6  Chimichurri Steak Kabobs (even if we have them on Sunday, they'd be worth having again!)

Then I'm done!

Menus from Week 1, Week 2, Week 3

No comments:

Post a Comment