Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Whole 30 Menu and Update: Week 2

Whew!  Week 1 is done!

I'm doing well with the eating.  I really enjoy all of the recipes that I've made!  The zoodles were a surprisingly good sub for spaghetti.  I'll probably have the Sweet Potato Eggs again on Saturday when we have breakfast for supper, because they were so good!

Last night was the hardest, though!  I made the Pioneer Woman's White Chicken Enchiladas for supper for my family and small group.  They smelled soooooo good.  I served it with the good chips from the deli at the grocery store and freshly homemade salsa.  The salad I made was genuinely delicious, though, and I'm looking forward to having leftovers for lunch!

I made brownies for dessert, and I thought, "I've made these brownies a million times.  They won't be tempting at all!"

I was wrong wrong double wrong!

They looked so chewy and fudge-y and smelled so delicious!

But, alas, I stayed strong even though we had the most ridiculous time putting the girls to bed.  Leah has a cough, so she was coughing a lot.  I gave her medicine and did my Vapo Rub trick.  

Maggie became convinced...con.vinced...that Leah was going to throw up on her.  I mean, Leah is on the top bunk and Maggie is on the bottom bunk, so in her mind, the throw up would get on her.

There was crying (while on the toilet, naturally), screaming, almost sobbing provoked throwing up herself, kicking on the bed, etc.  I was back and forth a lot, giving her (and me) a break to try to calm down.  It was really uncharacteristic behavior for Maggie...I think because she was overtired and a little sick.

If I wasn't doing The Whole 30, I would have stress eaten a lot of brownies.  So, it's a good thing I'm doing it!  

On another note, I'm surprised by how hungry I'm not!  I think part of that has to do with all of the water I'm drinking!  When I was nursing babies, I drank an obscene amount of water. But, then those babies got bigger and wanted to share my water bottle all of the time which resulted in backwash, spilling, and other wet and messy experiences.  Because of all of that, I got out of the water drinking habit, but I'm glad to be getting back to it!


Paleo Whole 30 Menu

Wednesday, January 15 Asian Chicken Thighs (with rice for my family and cauliflower rice for me and blueberry applesauce {I used a food mill to make this, because we weren't a fan of the apple skin bits in it when I made it according to the recipe before})


Thursday, January 16 Hamburgers with Sweet Potato Hashies (tater tots for my people)

Friday, January 17 Pizza for girls and babysitter, supper at church for Aaron and me

Saturday, January 18 Gone for lunch     Breakfast for Supper

Sunday, January 19 leftovers

Monday, January 20  Chili (we can each doctor it up however we want)

Tuesday, January 21  Baked Ziti (I'll have zoodles with spaghetti sauce from the freezer)

Lunches will be a lettuce rolls, a combination of these recipes 

Have a great week!

Here's the Menu for Week 1 in case you missed it :) and week 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment