Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Yes, I Let My Two Year Old Wear a Fake Nose Sparkle in Public

I drove the girls to my parents' house this weekend.

By myself.

I realize this doesn't sound like a big deal, but I find car trips with 3 highly interactive (occasionally even high maintenance) daughters to be highly, highly stressful.

There have been car trips when I turn around so much managing them that by neck hurts.  Of course, Aaron is driving in those situations :)  

Aaron worked literally all weekend long, so he suggested that we visit Nana and Papa's house for a little fun.

It was a great suggestion!  I don't think the girls will ever need to go to Disney World when they can do awesome things like use the kids sized shopping carts at the grocery store in their town.  

They seriously love it!

Gracie and Papa played the marble game:


I love the marble game!  My grandparents had it when I was little.  I loved it then, and I love it now.  

The only way I could love it more would be if I was a cat.  I feel like a cat would really get a kick out of the marble game.

Moving on... :)

The big girls and Nana did a few crafts:


I was talking to a girl in my Sunday School class about having her grandparents over to visit, and she was telling me about the crafts she and her grandma were doing, because her grandma is an "artist."  I asked her grandma if she was an artist and she's actually a retired first grade teacher :)

Never underestimate the impressiveness of a good craft on a little girl!

They even colored on long paper down the hallway!


I love how many Gracie makes pretty much any activity into a whole body experience.

She lives with gusto, and I love that (most of the time)!

I don't think they even colored on the floor :)

Another highlight of any visit to Nana and Papa's is "product."  This is when my mom gives the girls scented lotion and powder and they put it on their arms and tummies.  My grandma let me play with her lotions and some make up when I was little, and I still remember the smell.

My mom kicked "product" up a notch this weekend, though, and gave the girls a nose sparkle!


Maggie had a practical moment and didn't want one.

My mom even tried one out!


I think she pulls it off quite well!

Gracie LOVED her sparkle!


She didn't want to take it off, so, YES, I let her wear it when we went out for pizza.

Because it isn't every day that your 2 year old looks like she has her nose pierced.

And it's hilarious.

And it's adorable.

And it's fun to say yes to something a little silly sometimes!

1 comment:

  1. sparkle it up, morrow girls...you all pull it off quite well!

    ReplyDelete