Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Egg Sandwiches

I was so inspired by the ahhhhhmazing English muffins that I found at the farmers' market, that I scrapped my supper plans on Saturday night and made egg sandwiches instead.




Holy Cats!  They were delicious!

But, I wasn't sure how the English muffins would be when I cut them open.



There weren't a ton of the nooks and crannies that English muffins are known for.

But they were deliciously soft and were cooked with clarified butter on them which offered an extra burst of rich flavor.

For starters, I cooked up some bacon.

I love using Trader Joe's Bacon Ends and Pieces!



The bacon is so delicious!  Buying the ends and pieces is a really good deal.  It's the same price as buying regular bacon at Aldi but much, much better.  I very rarely make bacon in strips, so having the ends and pieces is perfect for me!

I don't get to Trader Joe's very often, so when I do, I buy a few packages and pop them in the freezer.  I thaw them as needed, cook up the whole package, and refrigerate what I don't use for another time.

Anyway, after I made the bacon, I made the eggs (over easy) in the same pan.  I did pour off the extra bacon grease :)

While the eggs were cooking, I popped the English muffins in the toaster to lightly toast them.

After I flipped the egg, I topped it with thinly sliced cheddar cheese and bacon bits.  The cheese got all melty and joined up with the bacon while the egg finished cooking.


Top it with the other side of the English muffin and you have breakfast.



Or brunch.

Or lunch.


Or supper.

Or a midnight snack.

There is not a wrong time to eat this!

I make egg sandwiches fairly often, but having the special English muffins really took them over the top!

They were the best ever in my book!

So, hunt down the best English muffins you can find and give them a shot!

But, really, they aren't too shabby with regular English muffins or bagels either :)

Linking up with Abbie at Five Days Five Ways

No comments:

Post a Comment