Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

Lemon Garlic Linguine

You know how sometimes you pin a recipe because you want to try it, and other times you pin a recipe because you want to remember where it is so that you can make it over and over and over again?

This is the second kind of recipe.  

It is amazing.



My friend, Kelly, used to blog and this is her original recipe.  I know that I've said that 2 other recipes are my favorite, but this is, too!

I should probably have my favorite recipes categorized; it would make the whole favorite thing easier!

Anyway, take a look at some of the ingredients you need for this dish!



Now, I know we're not supposed to judge a book by its cover and all that jazz, but I assure you, you should judge this recipe by the looks of these ingredients.

Fresh.  Delicious.  Full of zesty flavor.

Was zesty too much there?

I feel like it might have been.

Moving on...

I bet you could find most of the produce ingredients at your local farmers market tomorrow morning.



So pretty!  These ingredients are like the cool kids of ingredients.

I just typed ingredients too many times.

And these next ones are guaranteed to be hits, too!



I feel that you also need to know that the Trader Joe's EVOO comes with a cool spicket-y top thing.  How couldn't I pass that up?  Plus, it's really good olive oil and was cheap.

How is everything cooler at Trader Joe's?

OK.

Let's get this recipe ball rolling!

Heat about 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium low.

Add the onion.  Cook for a minute or 2 and then add the garlic.



Cook for a few minutes, until the onion becomes slightly translucent.  You don't want the onion to cook all the way through right now, because you'll be cooking it more as you add the other ingredients.

Next, add the zucchini and mushrooms. 



You can buy pre-sliced mushrooms, but I prefer to slice my own.  I think the presliced ones are a little too thick.  It really doesn't matter.  I can be weird about that kind of stuff.  

Cook until just starting to soften.  

Add the tomatoes, lemon juice, and white wine.



Stir to combine and then sprinkle on the spices.



Wait!  I forgot to tell you that you should have been making some linguine while you're doing all of this. 

Pretend that you prepared 10-12 ounces of linguine.  

Good job.

Now, add the linguine to the pan.



Use some tongs to mix it all up.

Then, sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.



Do me a favor and get the block of parmesan that you grate/shred yourself. It melts a lot better.

Serve it up with whatever your little heart desires.  

I like to serve it with Lemon Garlic Chicken Kabobs.  

It's a celebration of lemon garlic deliciousness for your mouth.  



I don't mean to be bossy, but you should really make this Lemon Garlic Linguine this weekend.  

Go to the farmers market and get the fresh veggies to kick it up a notch on the tastiness scale.  

Plus, going to the farmers market is just plain fun!

Here's the recipe in a significantly less spazzy format :)

Lemon Garlic Linguine

In a large skillet over medium low heat, saute:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 red onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced

Add and cook until just starting to soften:
1 medium zucchini, sliced
1 cup mushrooms, sliced

Add and stir to combine:
4 roma tomatoes, diced (fairly big dice) you could use other tomatoes, just get rid of some of the seeds
splash of white wine
1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice

Sprinkle on and combine:
1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Remove from heat and toss with:
10-12 ounces of linguine, cooked and drained
3/4 cup shredded parmesan

This makes a great meatless main dish, too!

Enjoy!

Oh, and if you didn't get a chance, be sure to check out my August Menu!

I'm linking up with:
Jessica at Keeping up with the Johnsons
Abbie at Five Days Five Ways


five days five ways | feature friday free for all

No comments:

Post a Comment