Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

Gracie is 3!!!

Guess who is 3 today!


Will you indulge me in a little walk down memory lane?  

Try not to spontaneously burst into tears upon seeing Gracie in all of her adorable tininess! 

Dear Gracie Kate,

I can't believe you are 3 today!  You are so much the baby of our family but such a big girl at the same time!

The day you were born was amazing!  I was in labor for only 2 hours and only had to push 4 times for you to be born.  I remember being in the bed, holding you in the peacefulness of the room and looking at your daddy and saying, "I can't believe that was so good!  I feel like I should be doing something else!"


When you were in my tummy, you wiggled more than Leah and Maggie did combined.  You wiggled and squirmed more than you kicked.  I remember holding you on my chest that first week and feeling you wiggle.  It was the very same feeling as when I was pregnant...except you were on the outside!


Being the third-born daughter, you have 2 bonus mommies in Leah and Maggie!  They loved you and wanted to nurture you from the very beginning!  I feel like they still do.  In a way they compete for the chance to take care of you.


I was so much more relaxed with you than I was with Leah!  You were born on a Thursday, and we took you to church on that Sunday!  With Leah, I hardly left the house for 6 weeks!


Even though you've always been a wiggle worm and very busy, you were a good sleeper!  You slept through the night at 8 weeks...such a gift to a tired mommy.


You've had a sparkle and an energy about you from the very beginning!  I like to say you are spunky and spirited :)


And incredibly determined!  Let's just say that you know your own mind!  

I think that your spunk, spirit, determination, sparkle, and personality make you a force to be reckoned with in the best possible way!


God made you that way for such a specific purpose!  I know that once Jesus captures your heart, you will do amazing things for Him!  People are drawn to you because of how God made you and I can't wait to see you point people to Jesus!

I love that you laugh so easily!

I love it when you joke around and say, "Just kidding!"

I love that you know what you want (even though that presents some challenges).

I love that you nurture dolls.

I love that you like to run and jump, too!

I love that you are so bold.

I love that you are so willing to try new things.

I love that you take risks, and I pray that one day God redeems that into a boldness for Him.

I love that you can articulate your thoughts so well.

I love that you brighten any room that you enter.

I'm not really looking forward to Maggie going to school, but I am looking forward to having it be just you and me 2 days a week.  I can't wait to get to hang out with just you!  I'm looking forward to getting to know you on your own and see who you are without you responding to your sisters.  I think we're going to have fun...how could we not!

I love you so much and am blessed beyond measure that God put YOU in our family!

Love,
Mommy


I'm linking up with Blair at wild and precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment