Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

9 Little Things about 9 Years of Marriage

A lot of the good things in marriage are big, but, like many things in life, the beauty and sweetness show up in the little things.

Because I like themes, and we are celebrating anniversary number 9, here are 9 little things that I love about being married to Aaron:

1.  I love that I know just how Aaron likes his coffee; he likes it better the way I make it than the way he does.  As wonderful as it is to be known, I feel like it's just as good to really know another.

2.  I love that Aaron puts my Nalgene water bottle in the refrigerator for me when I leave it laying all over our house.  If I ever can't find it, I just open the fridge, and...BING!...there it is!

3.  I love that Aaron is a good thinker.  I am a fast thinker, but he thinks things through well.  It's safe to say the we balance each other out well in that department.

4.  I love that when we got married, Aaron literally vowed to "serve the crap" out of me.  He has.  He does 95% of the dishes (when I actually do dishes, I say dorky things like, "Hey, look who remembered how to do the dishes!") and washes, dries, and sorts a vast majority of the laundry.

5.  I love that Aaron is a die hard fan of the Minnesota Timberwolves.  Now, if you follow basketball, you know that the Wolves are not that good.  As a matter of fact, they haven't been in the playoffs since 2004...and I feel like teams sometimes accidentally get in the playoffs because the brackets are so big.  You know what that says to me?  Loyalty.  If he is that loyal to a silly basketball team, I know he'll be loyal to me.

That's kind of a joke, because we all know the real reason that Aaron is loyal is because he loves Jesus.

6.  I love that we have figured out a way to maneuver the sticky areas of our marriage.  We gently tease each other.  For example, when I irrationally wanted to keep our landline because it "made me feel like a grown up" and Aaron realized that there was no reasoning with me, he started to occasionally refer to himself as "Aaron the landline" and other such nonsense.  

This works for us.  You might not want to try that :)

7.  I love that Aaron always makes me feel like the funniest, prettiest, and smartest girl in the room.

8.  I love that when we watch sports (I genuinely enjoy watching sports with him...but, I am usually multi-tasking, as I am right now :)), Aaron never gets irritated when I ask him how tall all the players are, where they went to college, what their tattoos are, and if they are nice to the other guys.

9.  I love that when Aaron comes home from work at the end of the day, he doesn't look around the house and ask what I did all day.


And those are the just the little things!

It's been the most amazing 9 years, and I'm beyond grateful and blessed!

Here's to many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many more!

That was 9 manys in case you were counting...I was :)


Linking up with Blair at Wild and Precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment