Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Cute and Easy Mason Jar Dispenser

I saw this super cute idea on pinterest a while ago and kind of stored it in my brain.



I didn't actually pin it, so I don't know who to link back to.  I don't intend to be a rude blogger, so if you have seen this before, let me know, and I'd be happy to link to the original idea person.

Because, I assure you, I'm not this creative on my own :)

Moving on...

Besides not remembering who thought of this idea, I have another problem.

I don't like it when I need like a teaspoon of sugar and have to lug out my big sugar container to get it. 

I realize that sentence makes it sound like I have a psychotically huge vat full of sugar, but, I assure you, it's a normal size.  Apparently I just have oddly disproportionate feelings about it :)

My problem is now solved.

And it's cute!

Here's what you need!



Yep, that's just a mason jar, pencil, and the top of a salt container that I hacked off.

You also need a scissors.  Obviously.  Even though it's not in the picture.

Next, trace the seal thing on the top of the salt container.



If I actually canned, I'd probably know what the real name is for that thing.  But, alas...

Then you cut it out.



I know.  It's so easy that you can see why I didn't pin it in the first place.

Sometimes the most basic things are the most brilliant!

Put the newly cut out dispenser top on the top of your mason jar and screw the ring on.



Fill it with whatever your little heart desires!

See how cute it is in my cupboard?



Clearly it's waaaaaay more convenient than that other pesky container.

And significantly more adorable!



I'm linking up with Abbie at Five Days Five Ways!
I'm linking up with Jess!


No comments:

Post a Comment