Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Merrily, Merrily, Merrily, Merrily...

Gracie came up to me the other day and said, "Mama, you get me sweeper please?"

I got her the little broom from the pegboard in the basement stairwell, and as I was bringing it back to her, she was singing, "Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily..."



I love that an upside down stool becomes a boat and that a broom becomes an oar.

I delight in Gracie!

I delight in her spunk.

I delight in her silliness.

I delight in her carrying her pack pack while wearing hilarious dress up clothes.

I delight in her making her dollies talk and seeing how she nurtures them.

I delight in the fact that she actually eats soup!

I'm SO not a perfect mommy, yet I delight in her.

That makes me think about how much our perfect, all knowing Heavenly Father delights in us.  

To know that God, who sees inside my heart and knows all of my failures and shortcomings, delights in me is humbling.  

I find it hard to delight in someone who, in a certain moment, is selfish and sinning.

God doesn't find it hard.

Not one bit.

And, I don't know about you, but that makes me want to walk through my day very, very merrily!


The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves.  He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17


I'm linking up with Shauna!

No comments:

Post a Comment