Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Hello New Influence Friends!

Good Morning New Influence Friends!

My name is Becky and here is a picture of me that I really like!


My husband and I were taking funny pictures of ourselves at my in laws house and this is the last one we took.

Let's be honest, I don't usually look like that, because I have my hair in a ponytail 98% of the time!

Anyway, here are three wildly fascinating things about me.  

I feel like "wildly fascinating" might be over-selling my random facts :)

1.  Before I had kids (and a few months after our oldest was born), I was an assistant program director at a Christian camp.  I loved doing the planning and programming for retreats and such and writing devotional materials for kids.  I really enjoyed hiring counselors because I love talking to people and asking them questions.

2.  I'm not afraid of snakes or bugs or spiders, but I'm terrified of moths!  I spent 2 summers in the Venezuelan jungle on missions trips in high school and the moths there were ginormous!  Our generator would go off at 9:00 at night, so when I'd be reading my Bible or writing in my journal at night, I would lay in my hammock and prop my flashlight between my chin and shoulder so I could see what I was doing.  Moths are drawn to light, so I'll let you imagine what happened next with the moths. 

I literally shudder to think of it!  Creepy creeps.

3.  Consistently one of my favorite parts of each day is reading to Maggie before her nap.  We cuddle under the covers of the bed and read 2 books or one High Five magazine.  She is my cuddly sweetheart!  

One Valuable Thing I've Gained from the Network:  Well, I joined less than 48 hours ago, so I'll tell you why I joined :)  I've wanted to blog (and get my nose pierced :)) for years and finally did both at the beginning of this year!  I don't really know what I'm doing and thought joining the Influence Network would help me figure all of this out, plus I'm excited to take some classes and meet new friends!

If you have some time and want to read some more about my heart, here are some posts:

Here are some that might make you giggle:

And here are some recipes you might want to try:
Island Spice Pork Tenderloin with Mango Avocado Salsa (I think this might be paleo, too!)
Healthy, but Not TOO Healthy Granola Bars (OK, they're not that healthy, but there are no weird ingredients, so that has to count for something, right :))

I'm looking forward to reading other people's links!

Have a beautiful day!

12 comments:

  1. So great to meet you. Love your three facts about you! And two months in the jungle?! Whaaat?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Ashley! I know, the whole 2 months in the jungle things seems a little surreal now :)

      Delete
  2. So nice to meet you! I love that you are blogging and got your nose pierced :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Elizabeth! I'm glad I got my nose pierced, too :) Oh, yeah, and glad to be blogging!

      Delete
  3. I love that you worked at a camp! I work with youth so I have been to MANY camps and they are such special memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for camp! The camp I grew up going to is my favorite place in the world <3

      Delete
  4. CAMP!!! I am a camp girl!!! I met my husband at camp :) I love meeting fellow camp friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I met my husband at camp, too! Who says camp relationships never last ;)

      Delete
  5. I've always thought I would make a great interviewer because I'm good at asking questions and well discerning at gauging authenticity.
    I'm glad you joined! You're going to LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Nadine! I'm sure I will love being a part of the network!

      Delete
  6. I worked at a camp for years and it really is such a terrific experience!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been to Venezuela! I went to Caracas on a mission trip. What were you doing on your mission trips there?

    ReplyDelete