Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Thoughts on Easter

Hello Friends!

We dyed Easter Eggs yesterday and had quite a fun time doing so!  Gracie started out thinking she was supposed to crack each egg, but ended up repeatedly dyeing the same egg over and over and over again...taking the egg in and out of the dye with her hands, naturally.

We started out with one broken egg, but ended up with four broken ones.  Not bad :)



Having all of the broken eggs makes me think of bad grapes.

Stay with me here :)



When we are on a driving trip, sometimes we'll have grapes and I toss the bad ones out the window.

I call them "the weirds."

I guess broken Easter eggs makes me think of "the weirds."



As I throw the weirds out the window (which I seriously, seriously enjoy doing), I think to myself how glad I am that God doesn't toss out the weirds...because in one way or another, we are all the weirds.


But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.  Romans 5:8



But, we're more than just "the weirds," we are the broken, the sinners, the unlovely.

Even my little cuties, whose pictures I'm going to randomly place here, are in desperate need of a Savior.

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Romans 6:23



As broken sinners, we are actively in rebellion against God, He but loves us anyway.

For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to Him through the death of His Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through His life!"  Romans 5:10



And that's the beauty of Easter.  Not the Easter dresses, or Easter eggs, or jelly beans, or any other spring-time goodness.

What's beautiful is that God loved us so much that He sent His only Son to pay for us with His life.

But now He has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in His sight, without blemish, and free from accusation.  Colossians 1:22



That's what makes Good Friday...good!  There's nothing good about an unjust death, but there's everything good about Jesus rescuing us.




I'll leave you with one of my favorite parts of Scripture:

When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ.  He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; He took it away, nailing it to the cross.  And having disarmed the powers and authorities, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.  Colossians 2:13-15

Now THAT'S exciting!


No comments:

Post a Comment