Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My Maggie



Maggie had her Pre-K screening last week.

She was so.excited!

I was excited for her!  Ever since Leah's been in school, Maggie has wanted to go, too.

I did my best to prepare her for it.  I told her she had an appointment at school and that she'd get to go with a teacher by herself to play some games.  

I was a little concerned, because she's been a tiny bit socially hesitant lately (am I the only one who doesn't love labeling people as "shy?")

Maggie was a champ, though!

But, guess who had a hard time?

THIS girl!!

As she was getting ready to walk down the hall with the teacher, I knelt down to talk to her and said, "OK, Maggie, you get to go with the teacher now..."

Then, I literally had to stop talking so I wouldn't burst into tears.

I managed to tell her to have fun and let her know she could wave to Leah in her room.

You know, obviously Maggie isn't the first of our children to go to school, so you'd think it wouldn't be such an emotional thing for me.  

But, there's just something about Maggie.  She's so sensitive and that makes her seem more vulnerable somehow.  Like she's just a little heart running around...

I'm beyond thankful that Jesus goes with her and before her.




As you can see, she did great!  

And, I pulled through, too :)

4 comments:

  1. oh my goodness!
    doesn't it just seem so huge!
    how can we have enough in us to feel our children's feelings with them so acutely?
    maggie is a doll!
    you are a good mommy!
    thank you for sharing it with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Shauna!

      I think Maggie is a doll, too :)

      Delete
  2. Ah! So hard. I can't imagine going through that. Since Behr has been in daycare since he was 9 months, I have adjusted to dropping him off every day...but now I dread the day when he wants to go on his own. His "No, Momma" is already picking up frequency as he tries to be independent and do it all himself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's always hard when the little ones go to school for the first time! so good she had a great time!

    ReplyDelete