Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

March Menu

Don't you hate it when you're unorganized with what you're making for supper so you end up going to the grocery store like every other day?

I mean, just because the Aldi employees know us by name and the Walmart people might not actually know our names but they certainly know us doesn't mean that I need to go there every other day.

Sometimes I do go to the grocery store like 3-4 times I week, and I feel very loser-y when that happens.

This can largely be avoided when I make a menu for the month.  

Lots of stress is avoided when I make a menu for the month, too, plus I feel like I save money.

So, yep, you guessed it, I'm sharing my March Menu with you! 

I was going to walk through how I plan a menu, but that would have made this really long, so I'll do that next week.

I am including recipe links, though!

You're welcome :)

Friday, March 1  Pizza
Saturday, March 2  Sandwiches for lunch (I'm gone)  Salad and Dessert for Potluck
Sunday, March 3  Sandwiches  SCS
Monday, March 4  Baked Potato Soup
Tuesday, March 5  Chicken Fingers (make enough to use on Saturday)
Wednesday, March 6  Crock Pot Spaghetti Sauce  (this makes a lot and leftovers freeze well)
Thursday, March 7  Tater Topped Casserole
Friday, March 8  Pizza
Saturday, March 9  Baked Oatmeal (lunch)  Applebee's Oriental Chicken Salad (use leftover chicken fingers from Tuesday)
Sunday, March 10  Sandwiches  SCS
Monday, March 11  Italian Wedding Soup (there's no way my girls will eat this, so I'll give them meatballs from the soup with bread and fruit or veggies)
Tuesday, March 12  Date Night
Wednesday, March 13  Huevos Rancheros
Thursday, March 14  Taco Dippers (this makes enough for 2 more meals, so I freeze the leftovers)
Friday, March 15  Pizza
Saturday, March 16  Blueberry Muffins for Bridal Shower Brunch (lunch)  Ham and Scalloped Potatoes (from a cookbook)
Sunday, March 17  Sandwiches  SCS
Monday, March 18  Crock Pot Clam Chowder
Tuesday, March 19  Date Night
Wednesday, March 20  English Muffin Breakfast Pizzas
Thursday, March 21  Pizza
Friday, March 22  Out of Town 
Saturday, March 23  Out of Town
Sunday, March 24  Out of Town
Monday, March 25  Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup (although I make so many changes that it's pretty much a different recipe, which I'll post on here some day :))
Tuesday, March 26  Date Night
Wednesday, March 27  Saucy Hot Dogs
Thursday, March 28  Pizza
Friday, March 29  Gone for Easter
Saturday, March 30  Gone for Easter
Sunday, March 31  Gone for Easter

Oh, and take a look at the pasta I'm using for the Spaghetti on March 6th!




It's hollow like a straw, plus it's spiral-y.  I don't think it's possible to have pasta cooler than that!

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. That is cool pasta! Where did you find that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it where all good things come from...Target :)

      Delete
  2. Do you make whole wheat pizza dough or regular?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the recipe that I linked to which calls for just bread flour, but I do sub one cup of white whole wheat flour in there and it does great! I bet you could put in regular whole wheat and it would work out just fine.

      Delete
    2. I did look at the linked recipe, but I don't have a mixer. I use a whole wheat crust recipe from Family Fun magazine (of all places! lol) :)

      Delete
    3. I only recently got a stand mixer and made the dough before by hand!

      Family Fun is great for SO many things!!

      Delete