Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Easy Ice Cream Sandwich Cake

Edited June 13th:  When I posted this last summer, I totally thought of Shay, because there are endless ways to Mix and Match this recipe!  You can use any ice cream topping or candy bits that your little heart desires!  Happy Summer!

Here's a perfect and easy summer dessert that doesn't heat up your kitchen.  
Plus, your kids can make it for you!



That's a win-win in my book!

You need really basic stuff, and it's easily customize-able!



That math equation in the picture above?  

That's my kind of math...easy and yummy :)

You can use any kind of topping and candy bits.  You could even get wild and use the Neapolitan ice cream sandwiches.  The sky's the limit here :)

You start out by laying ice cream sandwiches in the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. 



Spread the (room temperature) caramel on top of the ice cream sandwiches.



Please note that Leah is wearing her pajamas.  This comes into play later :)

Then, spread a thin layer of Cool Whip on top.  



I used light Cool Whip, because it makes this dessert healthy.

hee hee hee :)

Put on the next layer of ice cream sandwiches.



Cover the whole bottom layer.



Spread a thicker layer of Cool Whip on the top.



Oh, did you notice that Leah is now wearing something other than pajamas? 

That's because we had to run to the store.  

I had bought 2 boxes of 12 ice cream sandwiches from Aldi, but when I opened the boxes, 1 had 8 and the other had 9.  

Weird.  

You use 19 ice cream sandwiches in this recipe, so I didn't have enough to finish.  

We ran to Aldi and they gave us another box for free.

What Aldi lacks in their counting ability, they make up for in the customer service department :)

Anyway, sprinkle the heath bits on top.



I put the heath bits in the little cup so that it would be easier for the girls to sprinkle.

Here it is in its completed glory!



Oh, I forgot to mention that I drizzled a little bit of chocolate syrup on just for kicks.

After the "cake" is finished, pop it in the freezer for 45 minutes or so to firm up.  You should cover it in plastic wrap (after you serve it the first time) to keep it from getting freezer burn...press it onto the exposed parts.  

That sounds weird, but I think you know what I mean :)

This is such an easy recipe...the hardest part was keeping the girls from licking the spatula as they were cooking!

Slice and enjoy your children's hard work!



I'm linking up with Abbie at Five Days Five Ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment