Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Ramona Activity

The girls loved our Little House activity last week, so I thought it would be fun to have another activity that goes along with a book.

Enter my buddy, Ramona.


We love the movie, Ramona and Beezus!  I've found that a lot scenes in the movie are from Ramona and Her Father.  We have the first 4 books in the series and love reading them!  I remember where I was sitting in the library of my elementary school while I read Ramona books!

Ramona and I go way back ;)

Ramona makes a crown of burs in the book (and the movie), so I thought it would be fun to do a variation that doesn't involve me picking burs out of their hair :)


We started out by reading chapter 2 (Ramona and the Million Dollars) and then heading into the backyard to collect some nature-y things.

The girls got distracted by our reeeeeally short slide and the spider that was on it.


I'm seriously the most unconcerned person in the world when it comes to spiders.  They don't bother me at all.  

The girls haven't picked up on that laid back attitude yet.

Hopefully soon.

Really, really soon!

Anyway, after I brushed the spider off the slide, they began looking around the yard


and in the thicket for natural pretties.


We put pine cones, grass, pine needles, flowers, tiny apples, spinner/helicopter guys, leaves, and etc. in a bowl to bring inside.


We ended up with lots of good stuff!



We cut crown shapes out of paper, heated up a hot glue gun, and got a pencil out as a roller.


I let my daughter pick out the pretty nature item she wanted on the crown.  She pointed out where to put the glue which I applied.  She then used the pencil as kind of a rolling pin to make sure the leaf (or whatever) stuck to the crown.  


This prevented burned fingers and therefore prevented crying.

I'm always a fan of less crying.

They worked so hard


getting everything just right!


Leah and Gracie got in a little number practicing while Maggie worked on her crown. 


I don't home school, but apparently Leah does ;)

The crowns turned out super cute!


Actually, much cuter than I thought they would!  It would be super fun to use leaves and flowers and other nature bits to make pictures or other crafty things.


And, you'll be glad to know that we stayed away from the burs ;)

Oh, and the winner from last week's giveaway is KATHY!  Congratulations, Kathy!

And be sure to check back tomorrow for another giveaway!  Want a peek?


No comments:

Post a Comment