Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

I Will Save Her

Maggie bumped her head the other night.

So, naturally, there was some crying.

I pulled Maggie onto my lap, held her, and patted her back.

But, then Gracie came to the rescue!

She put her blanket around her neck like a cape


and said, "Mommy, I will save her!"

I am not a theologian, nor am I an expert in child development.

But, at around 3 years old, all of our girls have been very interested in rescuing or saving people.

I can't help but think that is a way that we are image bearers of Christ.

After all, rescuing and saving are pretty much Jesus' job description!


For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.
Luke 19:10


Naturally, Sally Lloyd-Jones puts is more eloquently than I ever could as she is talking about the Bible being a story of redemption...


The Bible is most of all a Story.  It's an adventure story about a young Hero who comes from a far country to win back his lost treasure.  It's a love story about a brave Prince who leaves his palace, his throne--everything--to rescue the one he loves.
Jesus Storybook Bible pg. 17, emphasis mine


I love it when God uses my sweet little lady to show me a glimpse of His heart.

I encourage you to rest in the knowledge that you are the treasure Jesus came to rescue.  He died in your place, took your punishment, paid your debt simply because He loves you.  More than anything, He wants you to turn to Him.  He literally died and rose again so that He wouldn't have to live without you.

That makes any day good!

No comments:

Post a Comment