Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Easy Supper: Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps

I really easy-ed up one of the meals that was on my April menu, so I thought I would let you in on my helpful tips :)

I made the Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps from Mel's Kitchen Cafe, and Aaron and I loved them!

Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps


I did make the flatbread (it's really awesome...chewy and delicious), but you could very easily pick something up at the store like this:


Anyway, you are basically making a Chicken Caesar Salad and wrapping it up!

Oh, if you want to skip the pictures and commentary, you can hop down to the end where I have the recipe all typed up!

I put some bite sized pieces of romaine into a bowl


and topped it with bite sized pieces of chicken.


For the chicken, you can grill it or slow cook it or pull it off of a rotisserie chicken or you could even use canned chicken.

I had left over roast chicken in the freezer, so I used that.

Top your lettuce and chicken with dressing.


I use Ken's Steak House dressing.  I don't know who this Ken is or the location of his steak house, but he makes some great salad dressing :)

Toss it together.


Top it with parmesan.


I use the kind you grate, but you can totally use the kind in a can...also known as "sprinkle cheese" at my house.



And toss it again!


Grab some flatbread,

fill it with salad and fold it up taco style :)


I served it with an easy fruit salad of strawberries and mandarin oranges.  I had green beans, too, but everyone else had jello.

Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps

This is a nice base recipe, too!  You could easily switch it up and do romaine, chicken, bacon, cheese, and ranch.  You could make it southwest style and do romaine, chicken, black beans, corn, red bell peppers and a cilantro-y dressing.  The options are endless.  

Plus, I think these would be perfect for summer!  It's an easy meal to make without having to heat up your kitchen.

Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps
Ingredients:
Romaine Lettuce
Cooked Chicken
Caesar Dressing
Parmesan Cheese
Flatbread

Cut lettuce and chicken into bite sized pieces.  Place in a bowl.  Top with dressing, and toss to combine.  Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and toss to combine.  Put on flatbread, fold, and enjoy!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment