Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Quick and Easy Garlic Parmesan Knots

I read a lot of Little House on the Prairie during my formative years.

a lot a lot a lot!

I think that's probably part of the reason that I enjoy making breads and yeasty things from scratch.

But, sometimes you just need to be fast.

And, who are we kidding, if Caroline Ingalls had tubes of buttermilk biscuits available to her, I bet she would have kept a tube or 2 in her fridge.

You use the mighty refrigerated buttermilk biscuits to make these...


Quick and Easy Garlic Parmesan Knots


I got the recipe from here.

I will admit, that I'm investigating how to make these from scratch, but the quickness and ease of using refrigerated buttermilk biscuits can't be beat!

Here's what you need!



That's 7.5 ounce tube of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, 3 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, and 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, oregano, and parsley. 

Oh, I got the biscuits at the "expensive" grocery store.  They were 55 cents.  Not bad at all!

First off, you roll a biscuit into an 8-12 inch rope/snake...playdoh style.



Theoretically, this is a good way to involve your children.



I say "theoretically" because you cannot care if they roll it evenly.  

If you care, you will start to twitch and sweat.

It will not be perfect.

The dough might get oddly warm from their hot little hands.

Just push past that or else your stress level could ruin what is a great learning/bonding experience.

Somehow I managed to push through.

Whew.  

Nobody was emotionally scarred.

Now that you have the snakes, tie a knot and tuck the ends in.  Mine varied from great knots to clumpy things.  It's all good.



We aren't going for perfect; we are going for tastey!

Put them on a baking sheet.



Next, melt your butter and stir in the seasonings and cheese.



Brush the seasoned butter on the knotted dough.



You should have about half of the butter mixture left after brushing the dough.

Bake the knots at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

Brush with remaining seasoned butter and serve.



Like all bread, they are best when they are warm.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment