Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

April Menu

Whew...it took me a while, but here it is!  




So, seeing as we've eaten the recipes from the first week, let me tell you my thoughts :)

The Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore was amazing.  I served it over egg noodles.  It makes a ton and reheats well for lunch leftovers :)

The Bacon Corn Pasta was okay.  I made a substitution that might have made it too dry.  I think I might try it again, though, because...bacon!  

I didn't make the Garlic Lime Chicken because Aaron was out of town and I didn't want to make something big for just me and the girls.  I let them pick their own lunchable (because Leah always begs me and I always say no) and own fruit at the store for supper.  They all got the pizza lunchable and didn't really like it.  It made me oddly happy :)  

The Best Pasta Dish Ever really is awesome...such an interesting combination of ingredients.  I didn't make it, because I was tired.  I had leftover chicken cacciatore again.

We liked the Homemade Cheeseburger Helper.  I used mild cheddar instead of sharp cheddar which is what the recipe calls for.  That was a mistake.  You kind of lose the cheese taste when you use the mild.  I'll be sure to, you know, actually follow the recipe the next time I make it :)

Fish Sticks...I was having a girls night out, so Aaron made fish sticks and tater tots for the girls.  Yeah, it was their favorite meal of the week.

This brings me to answering a question that people often ask me: What happens if I don't want to make what's on the menu?

Answer:  I don't.  I am wild, edgy, unpredictable, and impossible to categorize.  Or something like that.

I would say that I make the assigned meal about 80% of the time.  I switch days around about 15% of the time and do something totally different about 5% of the time.  

I just reeeeeally like not having to figure out what to make for supper that morning.  Even though it takes 2 or so hours to figure out a menu a month at a time, it's a good investment of time for my peace of mind and stress level.

Tuesday, April 1  Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore 
Wednesday, April 2  Bacon Corn Pasta
Thursday, April 3  Garlic Lime Chipotle Roasted Chicken
Friday, April 4  The Best Pasta Dish Ever
Saturday, April 5  Homemade Cheeseburger Helper  Fish sticks :)
Sunday, April 6  Leftovers  Silly Cereal Supper

Monday, April 7  Mini Bagel Pizzas
Tuesday, April 8  Taco Salad Dippers  Buttermilk Berry Cake with Ice Cream
Wednesday, April 9  Greek Chicken Pita Pockets with flatbread
Thursday, April 10  Breakfast Quesadillas
Friday, April 11  Pizza
Saturday, April 12  Grilled Cheese  Breakfast Bites
Sunday, April 13  Leftovers  Silly Cereal Supper

Monday, April 14  Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps with flatbread from Thursday
Tuesday, April 15  Tex Mex Enchilada Casserole
Wednesday, April 16  Hot Dogs
Thursday, April 17  out of town
Friday, April 18  out of town
Saturday, April 19  out of town
Sunday, April 20  out of town

Monday, April 21  Huevos Rancheros
Tuesday, April 22  Honey Beer Chicken (make extra chicken for Wed) Garlic Shells
Wednesday, April 23  Confetti Chicken Bake (make half batch)
Thursday, April 24  Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce
Friday, April 25  Pizza
Saturday, April 26  Skillet Mac and Cheese  
Sunday, April 27  Leftovers  Silly Cereal Supper

Monday, April 28  Carribean Rubbed Pork with Mango Salsa
Tuesday, April 29  BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
Wednesday, April 30  Hashbrown Egg Bake

No comments:

Post a Comment