Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Berry Banana Smoothie

I am transferring all of the recipes from my soon to be defunct food blog to this blog!  Here's a good one!
I made these delicious smoothies last week for Thirsty Thursday (going along with the whole alliterated snack thing I was telling you about yesterday).  Also, I realize that “Thirsty Thursday” sounds like some sort of drinking special at a dive bar in a college town, but, I assure you, that is not the case here :)
The girls have been watching Strawberry Shortcake on Netflix lately, so the characters are all “berry this and berry that.”  But, there’s actually berries in this…it’s not just a cute cartoon way to say “very” :)
Berry Banana Smoothie // Becky's Happy Table
I love all of the healthy ingredients in this!
Berry Banana Smoothie // Becky's Happy Table
And my smoothie drinkers liked the taste!
282
Maggie even saw me add the spinach, and it didn’t weird her out!
Yahoooooooooo!
Berry Banana Smoothie (31 Days of Recipes from Aldi)
Author: 
Recipe type: Smoothie
Cook time:  
Total time:  
Serves: 4 kid sized smoothies
 
Delicious for breakfast or a snack, this smoothie is full of all the good things!
Ingredients
  • 1 cup of milk (+more as needed)
  • 1 5.3 ounce container of mixed berry greek yogurt
  • 1 handful of fresh spinach
  • 1 frozen banana (cut into chunks before frozen)
  • 1 12 oz bag frozen mixed berries (or about 2 cups)
Instructions
  1. Pour the milk into the bottom of your mixer.
  2. Add the yogurt, and blend to combine.
  3. Add the spinach, and blend until will combined. No one wants big pieces of spinach!!!
  4. Add the frozen banana, and blend until smooth.
  5. Add the frozen berries and milk as needed to get the blender to blend. I usually end up adding between ½ and ¾ cup more of milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment