Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Herbed Goat Cheese Stuffed Hamburgers with Apple Pomegranate Relish

I am transferring all of the recipes from my soon to be defunct food blog to this blog!  Here's a good one!
Things have been mighty apple-y and pomegranate-y around here lately!  But, they are such quintessentially fall-like foods that I can’t help it!
Plus, seasonal foods are more delicious and less expensive!
Both are wins in my book!
I tossed this Herbed Goat Cheese Stuffed Burger with Apple Pomegranate Relish together tonight and I absolutely loved it!
Herbed Goat Cheese Stuffed Burgers with Apple Pomegranate Relish // Becky's Happy Table
I love recipes like this that seem really fancy, but are actually really easy!
I divided a pound of hamburger into 4 ounce sections.  I divided one of those in half and pressed them into thin patties.  I made the rest into regular hamburgers for my people.
I did my best to slice the goat cheese, but that isn’t super easy!  I ended up just kind of pressing slice-ish pieces onto one of the thin patties.  When that was done, I topped it with the remaining patty and pinched them together.
Maggie was the burger season-er!  I had her sprinkle some salt, pepper, and garlic powder on the burgers.
While the burgers are grilling (I used a grill pan because our grill is out of gas), it’s super easy to throw together the relish!
There’s just something fun about eating a burger with a fork :)
Herbed Goat Cheese Stuffed Burgers with Apple Pomegranate Relish // Becky's Happy Table
Herbed Goat Cheese Stuffed Burgers with Apple Pomegranate Relish
Author: 
Recipe type: Entree
Prep time:  
Cook time:  
Total time:  
 
Burgers filled with herbed goat cheese are topped with a light burst of apple pomegranate relish.
Ingredients
  • 1 pound of ground beef
  • 1 4 oz log of garlic herb goat cheese
  • Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
  • For the relish:
  • ⅓ cup diced honeycrisp apple (use your favorite apple)
  • ⅓ cup pomegranate arils
  • 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
  • Juice from half a lime
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions
  1. For the burgers:
  2. Divide the meat into 4 ounce sections.
  3. Divide each 4 ounce section in half and press into thin patties.
  4. Press "slices" of goat cheese onto half of the patties.
  5. Top with remaining patties and pinch together.
  6. Grill over medium heat to desired done-ness.
  7. For the relish:
  8. Combine the apple, pomegranate and green onion together in a small bowl.
  9. Squeeze half of a lime over the ingredients and toss to coat.
  10. Add salt and pepper to taste.
  11. Top the cooked burgers with relish and enjoy!

Fun Fact:  I took the pictures in the post while laying down on my stomach on our deck.  I really hope my neighbors don’t see and think I’m crazy 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment