Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2015

No Bake Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

I am transferring all of the recipes from my soon to be defunct food blog to this blog!  Here's a good one!
I love these granola bars (from Lauren’s Latest)!  They are perfect for my girls to take to school for snack.  It takes literally 10 minutes to make them.  Sometimes I forget how quick they are to whip up, that I procrastinate making them forever.  When I finally do it, I wonder what took me so long!
No Bake Chocolate Chip Granola Bars // Becky's Happy Table
After they cool, cut them into granola bar sized pieces (I make 12 per 8×8 inch pan).  I wrap them individually in plastic wrap.  Sometimes I even add washi tape if I’m feeling fancy :)  They are super easy to grab on the go!
No Bake Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
Author: 
Prep time:  
Cook time:  
Total time:  
Serves: 12
 
Perfect for lunchboxes, snacks, or breakfast on the run, these granola bars are sure to be a hit!
Ingredients
  • ¼ cup butter
  • ¼ cup honey
  • ⅓ cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups quick cooking oats
  • 1 cup crispy rice cereal
  • mini chocolate chips to taste
Instructions
  1. In a large bowl, combine the oats and crispy rice cereal. In a pinch (or on purpose), you can use chex type cereal in place of the crispy rice cereal. Set aside.
  2. In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, combine the butter, honey, and brown sugar. Bring to a boil.
  3. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
  4. Press into an 8x8 or 9x9 inch pan that you've lightly sprayed with non-stick spray. I use the flat bottom of a measuring cup or something similar to make sure I pack it in well.
  5. Sprinkle on mini chocolate chips to your preference. Lightly press them in.
  6. Once cooled, cut to size. Wrap individually in plastic wrap so you can easily grab them on the go!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment