Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Morrows on the Move!

Well, friends, in case you haven't heard the news, we are moving!


It's been several years in the making, but in early 2016, Aaron, the girls, and I will be moving to Dubuque, Iowa to start a church!

This is obviously a huge transition for our family with lots of details currently settled in the "unknown" column.  In case you were wondering, I'm one of those people who prefers details to permanently reside in the "well planned" column.  

But, even though some things are kind of up in the air, namely selling our house and buying a new one, I'm really, really excited!  The girls have gotten used to the idea and are inching towards being excited, but I wouldn't say they are there yet.  And that's normal and okay!  Aaron and I have had several years to think about and get ready for this but the girls just found out at the end of the summer. A move, even a close move like this one, really does send a child's world into some sort of upheaval.  

If you are someone who sees Leah, Maggie, or Gracie, I think it would be best if you let them bring up the move with you as they are ready.  

'Even though this is an adventure that Aaron and I are excited to take, it is certainly bittersweet.  We love our life here.  We love our friends and our neighborhood and our home and our kids' schools and our church and the fact that we are 7 minutes from anything in town.  

But, we trust that seeing as this is something God has made clear that He wants us to do, we know that He will be caring for us and giving us strength as we go.  

We also aren't doing this alone!  We have partners and a team of people moving with us.  Later this week, I'll share more about this truly amazing group of people that God has put together.

While many people have heard this news from us personally, it still feels kind of awkward to just drop it like a bombshell.  But I figured that I just needed to get it out there so I can write about it.  This is something I want to be able to look back on and see how Jesus has grown us and sustained us.  Plus, I hope that YOU are encouraged and challenged by our story.

So, BOOM!  There it is.  We are on the move...

No comments:

Post a Comment