Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Blackberry Goat Cheese Spread

I am transferring all of the recipes from my soon to be defunct food blog to this blog!  Here's a good one!
Blackberry Goat Cheese Spread // Becky's Happy Table
I threw this together when I somehow coerced my friend, Bri, came over to watch The Bachelor with me (even though it is one of the most ridiculous things ever, I can’t.stop.watching.it).  Bri is lactose intolerant, so I wanted to make something she could have.
I love the contrasts within this, too!  The sweetness of the preserves, mixed with the tang of the goat cheese and the saltiness of the crackers is a delicious contrast.  Plus, I love the visual contrast of the dark purple preserves and the white cheese.  Not to mention the textural contrast of the crispy crackers and smooth cheese.  All the good things!
Plus, you only need to pick up two ingredients
Blackberry Goat Cheese Spread // Becky's Happy Table
and whatever you choose to use as a dipper.  I just grabbed the thin wheat crackers.
Blackberry Goat Cheese Spread
Author: 
Recipe type: Appetizer
Prep time:  
Total time:  
Serves: 2-4
Filled with beautiful, delicious contrasts, this is perfect for your next girls night in!
Ingredients
  • 4 oz log of honey goat cheese
  • ½ jar of blackberry preserves (or to taste)
Instructions
  1. Open the log of goat cheese and place on your serving dish.
  2. Using a spoon, spread blackberry preserves over the entire log of goat cheese...except for the bottom.
  3. Optional: after you spread the goat cheese log with preserves, let it come to room temperature so the goat cheese is smoother and more spreadable.
  4. Enjoy with your favorite cracker!

No comments:

Post a Comment